Click Here! –> Bay Village Education Foundation Grant Application 2016
Deadline to Submit Applications is September 22, 2017!
Email your application to: Karen.Derby-Lovell@bayschoolsohio.org
The subject line of the email should read – BVEF Grant Application 2016
- The applicant must be a current teacher, staff member, or a student of the Bay Village City Schools who is involved in an activity or project that directly benefits students enrolled in the Bay Village City Schools.
- All applications require a building principal’s signature to verify that the project is beyond the scope of the normal curriculum.
- Grants awarded by the BVEF typically range from $400 to $1,600. Project requests which exceed this range will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Grants are not provided for the benefit of a single individual or for field trips, t-shirts, uniforms, class speakers or capital improvements.
- Grant recipients may be asked to share findings or experiences with other groups or students. Recipients are required to take photos of their projects/participants and submit them to the BVEF for public relations usage. Every student appearing in a photo needs to have a signed parent permission form for photographic purposes. These forms will be provided upon grant approval.
- All applications submitted will be reviewed by the Foundation trustees in October. All applicants will be notified following that October meeting regarding the Trustees’ decisions of grants awarded. Grantees will be asked to attend a Foundation meeting the following spring to give a short (8-10 minute) update on the project. They will be contacted in the winter regarding the date and time of this meeting.
- Grant recipients are encouraged to attend the designated fall meeting of the Bay Village Board of Education to formally receive their grant and be recognized for their efforts.
- If a project is awarded, the applicant is required to submit a final evaluation. The evaluation will cover the project’s implementation, progress, overall impact on the target audience, and costs. This evaluation must be submitted by June 30 of the current calendar year. If a report is not submitted, the applicant will not be considered for a grant in the future.
- It is expected that the funds awarded for the present school year will be used by the end of that school year. If the funds are not used by the end of the school year, the grantee needs to communicate to the BVEF Grants Chair why the funds were not used. The Grants committee will then decide whether to revoke the funds or develop a plan to extend the project beyond the current school year.